Help with Business Card Selection (please)

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Pro-Cut Lawn, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Pro-Cut Lawn

Pro-Cut Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Tn

Have been reading these forums for about 6 months now but just recently registered and this is my first post. I need some help with a business card , let me know which to go with or to go back to the drawing board and start over.

2. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Pro-Cut

I would only use the example 3. The others dont look professional enough.

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

#3 has my vote!

Chris

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

i'd like to punch whoever made number 2 in the eyes.. then they wouldn't be able to use their eyes either. Wow that's a hard card to look at.

Number 3 does look nice, but I believe with a little more work on content, number 1 could look just as nice. Sometimes simple is better. Now, if this were going on a vehicle.. then number 3, but a business card is likely to be stuck in a wallet or book somewhere and seldom seen after the first time.

5. Pro-Cut Lawn

from Tn

keep it coming guys just getting some feedback before sending one to print also dont be afraid of saying they all suck .

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No. 3 (the one at the top of the list). I think I would do some different things with the wording, though. On the left side, you have mowing, trimmong, mulching. To Joe homeowner, this may appear to be all one in the same. They think that "mulching" has to do with mowing, and that "trimming", well, that is SUPPOSED to come with the mowing - not realizing that it is shrub trimming. On your other side, you have fertilizing, seeding, and aerating. What about sod? I guess I should call someone else? See,...that should be seeding/sodding. Also, your "aerating" is spelled wrong.
    Here is an idea...How about somewhere on there you just have Complete Landscape Maintenance. Then, on the backside, you can list your operations...This gives you plenty of readable space, is NOT that much more to do, and gives you a broader, more detailed field of services to offer. Get rid of the 3 counties, as well. It doesn't matter - they will call if you card makes it out that way. As it is, that whole area of the card is just way too busy looking. I like your design, though...nice logo. Replace the 3 counties with Your Name - Owner (a little smaller fonts) and then you can make your phone number bigger, easier to read which is more inviting to call.

You see how my logo is? This is actually my card...the only difference is, it is cropped. On my card, I have my address on one side, and my number on the other (it say in small fonts Free Estimates above my number). All other info is on back.
    I hope this helps.

7. Pro-Cut Lawn

from Tn

runner , thats what i was looking for constructive criticism . I will take your comments into consideration and make a some changes.
    Keep it coming guys

8. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

I like 3 too. Do you guys design your cards on microsoft publisher. I have a hoakey card from Office max. Ground control has the best looking card on the site. I want to design my own this winter, but I am artistically challenged.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know,...there are some NICE cards that guys have on here. What I did, is I came up with the general design of what I wanted, then I went to a sign guy (that did my truck signs, after) and we sat down at his computer and he did the design out right before my eyes. Ultimately, my letters on the Ground Control were supposd to be taller (and a bit narrower because of the height), but he wasn't able to fit them on the sign, so he had to squat them down a bit. The crosshairs were my idea from before, and I actually wanted THEM to be taller than they were wide, as well. Anyway, when this guy was done, he burned it on to a CD, and I went to the printing place he suggested and we added to it and made the card. It REALLY helped talking with these guys about the things. Hey, if you want some good info on making signs, design ideas, and stuff, check out this website and go into their "toolbox" section. These guys are awesome and they're right here in our town, but their site is neat.
    http://www.chapinsbetterletter.com/

10. Pro-Cut Lawn

from Tn

I used paintshop pro