help with buying accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by manningslc, Aug 4, 2007.

1. manningslc

manningslc LawnSite Member

ok so i am buying accounts from a guy and he wont let me talk to the customers unless i pay first i dont know what to do i mean this guy could potentially screw me out of 3,000 dollars

2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Go together or no deal.

Tim

3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Do not take an un-calculated risk when buying lawn accounts. You need to see the physical contracts. I would'nt be concerned about talking to the customer as much as i would be about having signed contracts in hand. There also should be a joint letter/intro between the two of you and the customers you are purchasing. Buying lawn accounts, in general, is risky. However you can lower that risk by taking some of these steps. Good Luck!

4. ferris_1972

ferris_1972 LawnSite Member

He is not potentially screwing you he is screwing you. Don't buy accounts from anyone. Work hard and advertise a little and you will get your own. If you must buy them then work a deal where you pay 1/3 up front, 1/3 after a certain time and the final 1/3 at the end. These amounts are reduced for each customer you lose.