help with cat skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ncguy, Feb 25, 2010.

1. ncguy

ncguy LawnSite Member
    from nc

My friend who has a landscaping company has several Cat skid steers. He is not using them right now and told me I could use one if I wanted. Can anyone tell me how to check the hydro fluid and coolant on B and C machines. He is out of town right now so I can't ask him. Thanks for any help.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

There's a sight glass on the tank between the cab and the loader tower on the right side on the B series.

3. ncguy

ncguy LawnSite Member
    from nc

Thanks, I understand there should be a sight glass on the radiator for the coolant. What about the C series hydro?

4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

What part of NC are you in?

5. bobcat_ron

The C Series I would imagine is inside the eingine area.

6. ncguy

ncguy LawnSite Member
    from nc

Hello, I am between Lillington and Fayetteville

7. Canon Landscaping

Canon Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

On my 262c it is on the right side if you are in the machine to the rear of the cab. I have a question about adding hydro fluid on the 262c the hydro oil cap is just below the sight glass and it looks like you would have to raise the cab to add fluid. Mine was just a little low so I added it to the hydro cooler a little at a time but if I was changing the fluid it would be a slow process.

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Canon, that sounds a little crazy to add fluid. Pull out your manual and see what it says. I would doubt that lifting the cab is necessary but see what the manual tells you.

9. bobcat_ron

I used a funnel with a flexible spout.

10. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member