Help with clean-up bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by justinc, Mar 23, 2006.

1. justinc

justinc LawnSite Member

Im looking for some help with this bid. The lady said she wanted the leaves removed along with several shrubs and the flower beds cleaned out. I told her since the leaves were not that thick I could just mulch them with my mower and she was fine with that. The hard part for me is estimating how long it will take to remove these shrubs and clean out the beds. Ive thought about giving her a hourly rate, but I prefer to bid by the job. Also I was wondering what is the best method for removing these shrubs. I will try and attach the pics (the area in pic 2 is behind the pool). Thanks in advance.

lawn bid 001.jpg

lawn bid 002.jpg

lawn bid 003.jpg

lawn bid 004.jpg

lawn bid 005.jpg

2. justinc

justinc LawnSite Member

The rest of the pics.

lawn bid 006.jpg

lawn bid 007.jpg

3. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

How many of those bushes she want pulled? What type of equipment are you going to be using?

4. justinc

justinc LawnSite Member

Mystic, she wants all of them pulled in the pics. This is only my 3rd cleanup and my first shrub removal. So im looking for suggestions on equipment.

5. justinc

justinc LawnSite Member

Im thinking the best way would be to saw them down and then dig them up with a shovel. Anybody with some advice?

6. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

That would be the way to do it. You could try to yank them out with a tractor but from the looks of it it would be easier cutting and digging up the stump.

As for how to charge, I would just figure how long it will take you plus any additional expenses total and VOILA! You have a price to give.:usflag:

7. justinc

justinc LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply splicer. The thing is I have no idea how long it will take to remove the shrubs. Never done them before.

8. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

Figure .5 hours per shrub.

9. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

the blind leading the blind...:drinkup:

10. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

i agree that you should cut the shrubs but rather than dig them out I would use a stump grinder. You will save a lot of time. It looks like you have about 6 to 7 hours of solid work I would bid it around $405 plus dump fee & grinder rental