Help with company name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GREENTIMEJG, Apr 10, 2007.

1. GREENTIMEJG

GREENTIMEJG LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I have been trying to come up with a name for my business and it seems all the name i like are taken. what do you think of this one. The Other Side Of The Fence Lawn Care ???

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

That's too long, and you'll regret picking it later on i think. you want something that will fit nicely on business cards, on the side of your truck maybe, and will be easy to print for advertising.
    A lot of people will use their last name, or even incorporate their intials into their business name. I personally don't like anything corny or a play on words, but that's just me. The best thing to do is sit down and play around with a bunch of different ideas, write them down on paper, and before you know it, you'll be able to narrow it down to just one.

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i used my last name.....Tenney = 10-E

4. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

yea it took me like..... 6 months to come up with the name Greenstar.... at first i was "Express Lawn Care".......... and i dont think having your name in the business name is good..... what if you wanna sell it later on?

5. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

im going to do this until the day i die. i love this industry and i would never leave it behind.

7. PhillyShells

PhillyShells LawnSite Member

Why not try something related to your location ?
    State, county..... famous landmark ?

8. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

I feel my name represents my work. If it has my name on it, your gauranteed excellent work. I don't plan on selling out, but buying in.

9. mow & snow

mow & snow LawnSite Member

I don't know what your user name stands for but what about "Greentime Lawn Service or Landscaping".

10. GREENTIMEJG

GREENTIMEJG LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I think i will keep searching for a name thanks for the info.