1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help with Contract

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jason159753, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Jason159753

Jason159753 LawnSite Member

I'm brand-new to this business and have only been doing lawn maintenance for 2 months. I've only been doing residential yards. I do the lawn work and bill my customers at the end of each month.

Anyway, here's my problem. I found a guy that buys and sells real estate. He has 15-20 yards at a time and wants me to maintain them. He wants me to create a contract for him tomorrow. My question is how do I create a contract for multiple yards that will never be the same yards? I have no experience in contracts and have no idea what to put in the contract. Should I have set prices for each yard without even seeing them first? Should I have one giant price for maintaining 15 to 20 yards? How does this work? Please help. :help:

Thanks in advance,
  2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

If he was wanting a contract I wouldn't build prices into the contract. I would just include payment terms and general rules. If you do decide to include prices, then I would do it by sq. ft. range.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

My personal advice is either get someone experienced to help you, or stay away from it cauz you can get skru'd. I was told it is a very bad idea to get into contracts in the first few years but that could be wrong, what I do know is contracts do NOT turn me on and I've never done one and yes you can still get commercial props w/out contracts (verbal only, charge per cut).

So if contracts turn you on, then look into it, otherwise do what else you do.
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -