help with customer...

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by 04TurfT, Sep 19, 2006.

1. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

I have a lady I mow for and she had some grass in her yard but it's not very nice looking grass mixed with a lot of weeds... So she wants it look nice like all her neighbors yards, so what should I tell her to do? I was thinking tell her to have it aerated and then just over seed it? She said she didn't wanna do anything too costly. Any help woulod be appreciated. Thanks
  2. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

I hate when customers think that landscapers have "magic dust" that we could sprinkle on their laws to make them perfect...and its inexpensive.

It takes time and money for a well established lawn.

You gave her a good suggestion. If its not in her budget then tell her to save and wait.
  3. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

haha I know they think you can just put something on it and over nite have this nice thick lush green yard. I'm just gonna tell her to aerate and overseed it.
  4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i'd give her the harsh reality. tell her she needs to kill the existing grass, lay some topsoil to even the ground, then to lay down sod, then keep watered everyday. throw some fert after established. voila, her cheap beautiful yard. :laugh: