1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help with Dandilions..

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Sweet Tater, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I've got a big batch of them dang things that came up even after a weed and feed treatment. what can I spray them with that will not kill my grass too.
  2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

You need to use a product with 2-4-D such as Weed B Gone. This is good for broadleaf weeds.
  3. BCNU

BCNU LawnSite Member

Tremec or Tremec Plus
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

The above will work, if there are not too many you can spot kill them with a hand sprayer. 2-4-d and similar products are what they use around here. It shouldn't hurt anything but broad leaf weeds, not grass.

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

Speed Zone Works Great On Them Or Lesco Version Red Zone
  6. Sweet Tater

Thanks guys.
  7. Frank Fescue

Frank Fescue LawnSite Senior Member

i'd read the label so you'd understand why you got a big batch of them dang things after a weed and feed.
  8. Hoots

Hoots LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Trimec can damage or kill St. Augustine grass. I would definitely read the label and know what type of grass I had.

FYI-in a non smart ass way-Weed and Feed only works on weeds that are present. Pre-Emergent herbicides will take care of the seeds before germination. A simple weed and feed does not prevent, it is a reactive application not a proactive. Be proactive and prevent with pre-emerge.

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

This site has a nice homeowners area for future reference that might help in the future.
  10. Sweet Tater

(Holding Head in shame) But I'n not a home owner.
    Just a newbie. I've never done weed control for work, just my own lawn, so I don't know alot about those things. but I am learing.