Help with design and install of system

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by blk90s13, Jun 30, 2011.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

We just got a new water well at home and its time to install an irrigation system in the front yard, its mainly grass and one flower bed but I plan on adding one or two more beds later down the road.

What do you guys need to help me design and install ? measurements flow on well pump ? etc

this is at my own house and I will do all the work my self will rent tools if I have to but I think the digging can be done by hand.

2. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

I think some Home Depot's have a Saturday morning workshop that will teach you.:)

3. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

A bunch of info needs to be provided but before we get to that do you know if your town in the Republic of New Jersey even allows unlicensed irrigation work by home owners?

Personally, if I were you, and you can do the work yourself - simply take the survey plat of the residence and grounds to your closest irrigation supply house. Have those guys design it for you and provide the material take off. Buy your parts there and hack away.

Then if your town allows home owner work you'll have everything needed to do a quality install.

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Izzat the town named for Thurston B. Howell III? Everyone there is so rich that DIY projects are strictly for amusement.

Thurston+Howell+III.jpg

6. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Dear Moderators:
    Shouldn't this one be in the Homeowner section?

Or didja leave it so we could have some fun?

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member