1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help with Design Please

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by dschmaus, May 6, 2007.

1. dschmaus

dschmaus LawnSite Member

Need some help with the landscaping around this patio. The customer wants something that is fairly low to maintain and that is pretty simple. They dont spend a ton of time on this side of the house. The patio faces the north. I would probably want to have a bed from the AC unit along the side of the house all the way to the end of the patio. The burning bushes are going to stay and a 4 foot chainlink fence is going to come off the corner of the house right behind the burning bushes.
    I am in Zone 5

Thanks

DSCF2835.jpg

DSCF2838.jpg
    DSCF2837.jpg
    DSCF2836.jpg

DSCF2835.jpg

DSCF2838.jpg

DSCF2837.jpg

DSCF2836.jpg

2. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

how are you at walls?

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Defiantly need some kind of wall to keep the soils up there and off the apron, drive, I would suggest that before you do any planting.

4. dschmaus

dschmaus LawnSite Member

I knew that would come up. It looks worse in the pictures than in person.. I was thinking I could do a little regrading and plant ground cover.. Maybe I crazy. I am having a friend come buy that has been in the business for 20 years or so to give me his input.