Help with door hangers...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dklawncare, Jan 30, 2003.

1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

How about the coupon thing? How well has that worked for you? I'm assuming very well with those #'s even though it was from a small batch.
  2. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

The first hangers I made didnt have any coupons and I was getting verry low responce from them. So I thought about using val-pak coupon mailers .
    I sat down with the guy and went over the designing of these little flyers that get sent out in bulk and he told me I need some coupons to get things rolling well after deciding that I didnt have $650 to use this service I decided to stick with my door hangers but he said with no coupon would be the same as fishing with no bait on the hook. So I put these little coupons on the door hangers and in just the 500 that I put out last spring I signed 12 new contracts for weekly maintenance and picked up 5 one time jobs. 2 of those 5 one timers were fall clean-ups. I couldnt believe I was getting calls 7mo after putting them out. Guess some people hang onto these things for a long time.

Steve, Heavenly Greenscapes llc
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Go to You can get 5000 4.5" X 11" full color (one side) doorhangers for $279 or 10000 for $439. This is full-color gloss with UV protection. There are set-up fees along with design and shipping cost as well, but being full color should really make an impact. They have postcards as well, along with brochures and much more. I think the prices are very good. The only thing is if you want to design your own, they need to be is particular formats. Not sure if they can just scan and print, or what it would cost. They are a new company just starting out. They even offer scratch off tickets, I bet nobody and tried those with their business.....might be interesting.

Give them a look-see
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Discount Coupon
    When Your Referral GetsTheir First Invoice,
    We’llGive You $10 OFF Yours!
    Refer A Friend
    We Appreciate Your Business!

Expires April 30, 2002
  5. countryscaper

countryscaper LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Hey Heavenly Green..Nice door Hnger...but what did you put on them..I sorry but I can't really see...25$ what??...and 300$ off what? ...Just kinda curious.Thanks
  6. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

heres the coupons from the bottom of our door hangers.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Make sure to check with your city that there are not ordinances regarding the door hangers. You might not be able to do it