1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help with echo srm 225 trimmer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by nassa76, Oct 4, 2012.

1. nassa76

nassa76 LawnSite Member

Hey guys my echo trimmer srm 225 started doing some thing wired when I pull on the string to start it , the trimmer head spins along with every pull and when It starts ,the head spins at the same speed as the engine even at idle it spins, i no it never did this before , what can I do to fix it

2. DavidsonLandscaping

DavidsonLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

not a expert, so i might be off, sounds like its a problem with the throttle cable. maybe still engaged

3. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

4. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

You have burned out your clutch throw-out arms. The throw-out arms have a contact surface that looks like a brake pad, only tiny. You have worn through that and it has 'welded' itself to the clutch cup, with the friction. You will need new throw-out arms with the spring and maybe the clutch cup too if it is badly scored. I have it down to a half hour process. If this is your first time triple your time

5. nassa76

nassa76 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for a quick response , I think u are right that it is the clutch that's burnt out . will try to fix it this weekend. How much is that part gona order from Kooy brothers

6. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

Take the clutch parts with you. See what they think about the cup. $40 would cover everything