Help with employee hours

Discussion in 'Employment' started by davidjgrigson, Apr 24, 2012.

1. davidjgrigson

davidjgrigson LawnSite Member

Guys, my business has really grown in the last two years. I have 36 accounts and i also have a full time job. I now have an employee that is out mowing for me that i trust but i'm curious about how some of you all handle keeping up with their hours? Right now, i just have to go by what he says. Not that i dont trust him, but too much room there to get abused. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

To many threads on this one. Most guys punch in them punch out. You should know appox how many hours a day it takes to do a route.

3. davidjgrigson

davidjgrigson LawnSite Member

i searched for about 30 minutes trying to find something on it just so i wouldnt get a response just like this! It's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. Anyone using an app on an iphone?

4. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you have mowed these properties yourself. That being the case, you know how long each one takes. Have them sign in/out at each property. Also, check in with them unannounced and check the work log to see that they are filling them out as they go through the day.