1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help with estimate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hayabusa007, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Hayabusa007

Hayabusa007 LawnSite Member
    from Ky

Cemetary, 9.5 acres, 2880 tomb stones to trim around.
    What would you bid this on a per cut base?
  2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have any pricing input, but I have a friend with a cemetary account. Watch out for those broken off tomb stones hiding in the grasss...ripped up his z pretty bad last year. Good luck. Sounds like lots of work.
  3. tpl

tpl LawnSite Member

Sounds to me like a two man 4 day job. Whats it worth to you.
    I'm curios as to how much you get and how long it takes you to do it the first time. Better get a backpack gas tank to go with that trimmer.
  4. robert fling

robert fling LawnSite Member

i have two words my friend, GOOD LUCK. the back pack gas tank sounds like a great idea!! also a spool of trimmer line the size of small car sounds like a good idea also!
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Sorry, cemetaries not in my vocabulary!

6. Hayabusa007

Hayabusa007 LawnSite Member
    from Ky

So from the replies, I take it everyone thinks cemetaries are to be avoided at all cost.
    Darryl could you ask your friend the size of his job, and what he would bid it at.

So most think:angry: or:cry: would be what I'd want to do after getting a job like this.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Almost 2900 head stones! Somebody's gonna be dizzy by the end of the day. I don't think I would touch that for under $1500...maybe even more.

This one I would definitely have to do once or twice before I gave a price.

just my 2 cents
  8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Sure, I can check with him, but he's a pretty busy guy and I'm not sure he'll tell me. He's the town public works director and does mowing on the side after 3:30 pm when they close up the town garage. His is a small historic cemetary, nothing like the size of yours. He rides the Z, one guy on old WB and one trimming. He seems to have a little trouble getting around in there with the Z.
  9. fastrunner

fastrunner LawnSite Member

The only way i would do a cemetery is if I put round-up around every stinkin headstone, but im sure that would take two days at that!!!! But round-up doesnt look that good, thats the downfall. by the time i got done trimming 2900 stones it would be time to start over trimming from the start!!! Bid high and see what happens.:cry: :blush: :blob2: :blob1: :blob4: :blob3: :alien: :mad: :rolleyes: ;) :( :) :cool: :eek: :angel:
  10. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

That is a lot of trimming!! You might want to consider using one of those two wheel trimmers like the dr trimmers, that way you arn't killing your back, and figure 6 sq ft per headstone....... god that would make me dizzy, the other guys are right, you may need to cut it once just to get an idea as to cost.... WOW