help with estimate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AielLandscaping, Jun 25, 2002.

1. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

ok guys heres a bunch of pics of what the place looks like as of today.. these people want to sell the house and have it on the market, what would you guys suggest be done with this and how much would you charge? ... i know what ever i think when it comes to stuff like this is always off... i guess i just never learn...

est 023.jpg

2. AielLandscaping

another

est 028.jpg

3. AielLandscaping

another

est 029.jpg

4. AielLandscaping

more

est 031.jpg

5. AielLandscaping

last one

est 032.jpg

6. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have an exact price for an estimate, as I think there will be more than just labor involved. A good starting point would be to do the following.

1. Pic #1 Put some mulch or better yet gray/ white gravel against the house where the hose is. The gravel should match the pool concrete color. Tell them to buy a hose reel.

2. Pull weeds, edge all walks, and water/ fertilize grass to get it green and healthy.

This in itself will do wonders.

Good Luck, and post follow ups if you get the job.

7. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh....Trim trees and bushes and tell them to hide or throw away any junk they have stored. I saw a wheel barrow in the one pick which looked out of place.

8. AielLandscaping

i don't think it shows it in the pictures that i posted but there's also a broken toilet hidden in those weeds too...it's got a wasp nest growing inside of it.. guess it's a selling point for the house 3 bedroom 1.10 bath...:p

9. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

1.1 bath...ROFL !!:)

It looks like a lot of work. Clear, till and mulch beds (possibly plant some annuals), trim trees and bushes. Renovate/green up lawn. Its hard to tell about the sq feet, but the min figure that comes to mind is about $750-1000.

Then charge them $5000 for mounting the commode on the wheelbarrow and call it an "Aiel Original" sculpture. :)

10. AielLandscaping

:laugh: i love that idea. when it's completed i'll title it "The Lawn Guy's Port-a-potty"