Help with exmark

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by chrisk, May 24, 2002.

1. chrisk

chrisk LawnSite Member

I am ready to buy my first commercial walk behind. I am going with the exmark Turf Tracer hp 52 or 60 inch deck.
    My question is do I get the pistol grips or the new ECS ??

I've never used either in the field just messing with them at my dealer.

Also I think I know this already but I should get the 60 over the 52 right???????

Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey chrisk,

If you're working on a budget, the 52" Turf Tracer HP with the 17-hp Kawasaki is a good start (we don't offer the Turf Tracer HP with a 60" deck). If you have a little more spending money and can utilize a 60" deck at most or all of your properties, I would go with the 60" Turf Tracer with the 23-hp Kohler or Kawasaki engine. Keep in mind that the 23-hp Kohler on the Turf Tracer will come standard with the canister air filter.

If you want the most power on a 52" walk-behind, go with the Turf Tracer. You can get it with either a 20 or 23-hp engine. The 20-hp Kohler is plenty of power for the 52" deck.

You asked about the ECS or pistol grip handles. If I'm going to be the operator for 8 hrs. a day/5 or 6 days-a-week, I'll take the ECS handles. It's more comfortable and easier on the hands than the old pistols. If you have any other questions, feel free to create another post or e-mail me at Dustin.Schwab@exmark.com.

Here is my recommendation - If you have the cash, go with the 60" Turf Tracer with a 23-hp Kohler or Kawasaki engine. We only offer the 60" Turf Tracers with the ECS handles.

Hope this helps,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support