1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help with Fast Food Clients

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING, Aug 5, 2007.

I just got Some of the kfc taco Bells and long John silvers and the others.

First theres not much grass so i was thinking $40 Bi weekly mow.edge,
    weed-eat, Now they have bushes should i do that for the same price ??? Were talking about all these restarants in like 3 citys
  2. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

Dont forget to consider and address all the garbage you will picking up .It can turn out to low profit job if you dont .
  3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

As naughty mentioned, trash, driving time, working around thier hours. During the heavy growth monthes is every two weeks going to be enough. Sounds way too cheap to me. Really cheap if you throw in the bushes.
  4. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

The garbage pick up can be a real issue. I maintain a dentist office next to a large grocery store. Every Saturday morning I'm spending 10-15 mins picking up trash. The contract is up for renewal at the end of the month. Their new rate will be a 30-35% increase over this last year. If they don't go for it, then someone else can play trash man.
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I had a toco bell at one time. It took about 30 min to mow (just the mowing). So compare that with what yours has. consider the shrubs, garbage, Islands...... Mine paid $200 a month year round and that was 10 years ago. The bad thing about that company is they pay very slowly. The good thing is you can start early and have no customers, because they probably open at 10.

So someone give me an idea on a price. That price is what the manager saied she was paying .........But the guy was also doing a shity job so there you go. She wants the weeds pulled out of the flower beds 2

Thanks John From Dallas TX
  7. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

There is no way I would do that for $40 bi-wkly. If they are set on bi-wkly I would not show up for less than $85. The trash is going to be awful. Go pick up another residential before messing with that. I do convenient stores in my area and I don't stop for less than $45 and that is EVERY week. If the grass ain't growing the trash still gets picked up. Good Luck!

Think i will tell them 180 a month for each one and take like 24 stores the guy at corporate said i could take as mush as i wanted plus my my other customers that will keep me bussy