help with finding funds

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by firehunter85, Feb 17, 2013.

1. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

dont borrow money.. save save save and pay upfront. what happens if you have your payment due and your mower or truck breaks down...what happens when a drought happens and you have limited income.. or god forbid you get sick or injured and cant work... I have grown quite well buying used and fixing my stuff nights and weekends.

2. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

The best council I ever got was when going into business avoid 2 things Upfront Debt and a partner. Save save save. Even go get a PT job to earn some capital. And to start buy quality used equipment
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Vanderhoff Landscaping

Vanderhoff Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I knew about the partner thing before I got into this. But all is good now that the partner is gone. Staying solo from here on out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

It's hard to see people use friends/family as partners or even to lend. I personally hate owing people money. And then the whole partner thing he wants it one way you another. It's a slippery slope
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Vanderhoff Landscaping

Vanderhoff Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

You got that right!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

First problem is his marketing plan.

Low Ball Mowing. He's going after the low profit margin customer that will drop you for $1 to $5 less offer from another LCO that is willing to out low ball a low baller.

7. lalllc

lalllc LawnSite Member

I asked a guy that my mom knew who was wealthy when I started my company. What is the number one thing you can tell me that will help me be successful? He said, " Dont ever leave money on the table. Now get the hell out of my office I have work to do."