Help with finding hustler blades!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sildoc, Feb 21, 2007.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Hello. Just bought a Hustler hydro walk with 54" and 37" deck. they both take same blade however I cant find any. I have tried numerous online sites but none with a 18 15/16" blade? Will a 19" work? seems like there is maybe just enough clearance. thanks
  2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

the only mowers I know that have 18 15/16'' blades are Lawnboys. you should be able to get yours at your dealer. Mine here is the local Deere dealers. Other 54'' decks have 18 5/8'' blades on them.
    I think 19'' would be too long and would hit once the blades are turned on. I went through the same thing on a old jacobsen rider i have as it was too old to get parts for it.
  3. sildoc

I belive these mowers are 01 and 03 but measuring the blades don't make sence. I looked on many sites and they all have 19" blades. the only thing I am thinking is that they measure from one corner to the diagonal corner which would be 19". Posted this on hustler site also and they have a blade chart that says it takes 19" blades but why are the old ones 18 15/16? Blows my mind.
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Try asking PJ in the Hustler forum.
  5. Professor mow

Professor mow LawnSite Member

You might find them at a junk yard!
  6. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

You do measure diagonally on blade measurements.
  7. sildoc

Nice help.
  8. sildoc

YEah, did that and a couple other questions that have yet to be answered.
  9. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

You do measure blades from cutting tip to cutting tip. The blades are 19" with a 1/2" center hole.
  10. sildoc

Thanks. I figured that it was. When I look at other hustler blades it seems they only have a few choices. I will look at aftermarket blades and order that way.