Help with first estimate please

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by miketina, Mar 23, 2006.

1. miketina

miketina LawnSite Member

My wife and I want to see if our estimate is in your guys/gals ballpark. We will be using a 48" and a 32" mower. The property is 7125 sq. feet. There will me minimal edging and trimming(about ten minutes worth). This property is approx. 5 miles from our location. Our hourly rate is $50.
    What would you pros charge?
    Thanks
    Mike

2. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

Is your $50 rate for the two of you? Cause that would be only $25/man hour. For the 7000 sq ft. i would charge $25. I charge $25 up to 12,000 sq ft lot size but use 21" mowers for that.

3. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

I only use hourly rates to determine clean-ups and such. For 7000 sq. ft. with minimal edging and trimming would be between 35-45. Remember the first time you do a property that the edging most likey be a rogh edge. Therefore being a pain in the arss! I charge extra for that starting at $25+. Also if the yard is overgrown, charge more for that as well. The good customers will understand. The ones you don't want anyways will argue about it. My prices here, after the first service are arranged like this.

up to a 1/4 acre--40
    1/3 acre--50
    1/2 acre--65
    3/4 acre--75
    1 acre--85

4. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

By the way we start at $45/man hour for jobs that we quote by the hour.

5. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

In my area, that would be a $40 lawn, assuming we would be out of there in under 45 minutes or so.

6. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

we would charge $21-$25 or so depending for under 10,000 sq feet be done in 10 minutes. If we could charge waht MAD does i would love it and be retired by now but the market wont bear that around here,