Help with first year of Fertilization bid

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Mr.Mow-It-All, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

I am working on my certification and license, but need help with some general pricing.

I will be doing 12,000 sq feet and they want 6 applications per year on bermuda. (pre and post emergant, 4 weed and feeds) Can you guys give me some help on what a general charge would be for this? Does the pre and or post emergants cost more/less??? than the weed and feeds????

Please don't bash for not knowing this fertilization stuff, just learning and getting ready for the tests

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

pre emergents do cost more but you will want to figure you cost for the whole season and do 6 apps that you charge the customer same for each, even though the material cost vary on each app.

3. Mr.Mow-It-All

Also, roughly for 12,000 sq how much would one weed and feed cost. (just the average cost, not markup and labor, just how much to buy from the dealer)

4. indyturf

from Indy

if you are useing granular weed & feed it will cost you more, probablly around $25-$30. if you can use granular fert only it will run around $15 and liquid 3-way weed control will cost less than $5 and do a better job

5. Mr.Mow-It-All

So, what would an average charge for the pre and post emergant, then for the 4 weed and feeds?

6. indyturf

from Indy

I would be in the $375-400 range for the year