Help with Ford problems.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by We do 4 U, Dec 17, 2002.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

I am the "proud' owner of a 1990 F-150. This truck has left me high and dry 4 times in 18 months. Not counting the new engine and trans (the trans was my fault) I put in it. So far I have replaced the map sensor, o2 sensor, fuel pump relay, dist. module, and a pin in the steering colum. Alot of these things, I am told, are problems that Ford has. My question is what other problems do F-150's have that I might replace now before I get left high and dry again?

2. Next time buy a Chev:D

"Like A Rock"

3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sink like a rock! As in the commercial. As far as your problem regardless if its a Ford - Chevy - Dodge (we own many of all those makes) A truck being 13 years old it will have problems! The question is, is it paid for? If so its only making you $$$$

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Chevy definately doesnt sink like a rock:D

5. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

DUDE would you please "puff, puff, PASS''

All you need to do is hang out at the Chebie forums at plow site and hear the crying about the N E W ones and how chebie won't make some of it right. Or even work on them because they don't know how to fix the mess.

6. hnter

hnter LawnSite Member

when my 94 f-150 blew a u-joint, the garage that replaced it told me the stock ones weren't greasable...you might want to check yours and upgrade if necessary...

7. yeah mbd

Those great 5.4 gassers in fords are so good the spark plugs blow up out of the motor and say hello to ya.

Then mister head gaskit blows a tune out the drivers *******.

Then mister piston slap slaps ya right accoss the jaws for good measure.

8. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

LOLOLOLOL!
    Been Ford employee for 14 years and never heard of that T.S.B?
    I think Chevy is ok we own a few but I prefer my Powerstrokes but hey we are all buying american products and thats what COUNTS!:blob2: Acually my father was a GM heavy truck maintenance rep and GM has TSB's on piston slaps!!!! But it was quickly solved. We own Dodge's Ford's and Chevys and I really dont care that much which one making me $$$$$$$$$$ But agian Fords are the best selling in 25years.

9. wrong

gmc+chevy = more sales

Well anyway landscaper3 we both Uaw brothers .I worked for GENERAL MOTORS 1966-1996:D

10. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

13 yrs is pretty good for a work truck