Help with full maintence contracts.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Acres, Oct 18, 2000.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering what you some of you guys include in your full maintence contracts. I have about 20 customers and there all on a per time basis for mowing only. I would like to get them to agree to a full maintence contract. But not sure how to go about it. How can I sell this idea to my customers? Any secrets or ideas you have please let me know. Thanks

2. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Here's the options i gave in the letter i just sent out that can be included in monthly fee , so far got about 12 back all wanting something extra, only one called back saying they're not going for it because they want every other week cuts.Oh well, see ya
    In addition to mowing:
    Fert + weed control
    Aerating
    Dethatching
    Overseeding
    Annuals installed
    Weeding,edging, mulching beds
    Shrub trimming
    Lawn, shrub + tree, pest+disease monitoring + treatments
    Leaf cleanup
    Gutter cleaning
    Snow removal, minimum 8 trips

3. crew

crew LawnSite Member

If this is your only income, you write them a letter saying you love having them as customers but you need to have a predictable income. Perhaps reduce your rate a few percentage points for a monthly contract.
    Todd gave you a pretty good list of extra services to offer. Make yourself invaluable to your customers.
    I offer a yearly contract which includes mowing, fert/weed control,aeration,spring and fall cleanup and five months of snow removal for twelve easy payments of_______. Also offer a list of other services at an hourly rate.
    Good luck.