help with getting commercial work

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by parkeey, Jan 16, 2007.

1. parkeey

parkeey LawnSite Member

Hi guys i think this is a us site, (cant find a uk one?)but still u may be able to help me, ive been gardening for 8 years and now its time to set yup on my own, ive got most of the equipment, mowers, etc i need. My main concern is being able to get the work, i really want to go into commercial work but not sure how to approach this. Do i send out letters to commercial sites, advertsie but where? It seems to be hard to get in as local councils and established large companies already have a lot of the work and charge stupid amounts of money too.
    Please guys give any advice that you can!*trucewhiteflag*

2. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

One thing that has worked well of me is either calling the company that leases the space if it is a retail type center, or just going into the building if it is a stand alone type building and asking who is in charge of making the landscape maintenance decisions. Once you find that out get in contact with that person and see if they are taking competitive bids for their maintenance. If they are work the bid up as quick as possible, include a cover letter introducing your company, and set up a meeting. After you are done with the meeting be sure and write that person a thank you note for their time. Most LCOs aren't that aggressive so if you do this to as many people as you can you will get some jobs. The thank you letter is always a big plus, it lets them know you consider their time valuable.

3. parkeey

parkeey LawnSite Member

ok thanks for your advcie!:rolleyes: