Help with Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by SteveinTexas, May 27, 2002.

1. SteveinTexas

SteveinTexas LawnSite Member
    from Texas

This is my first post on here, so please bear with me. I've worked in the industry for four years but decided to start my own lawn maintenance company this year. Which brings me to my first dilemma.

I bought a 15.5 HP Husqvarna 16H model and after 30 days have encountered my first problem, a stump. One of my guys knocked the blades either so out of alignment or bent that it needs to be repaired, problem is all the mechanics say it will be 2-3 weeks before they can even look at it. I've got multiple accounts I use it on and there's no way I can be without it for that long, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
  2. You have a mower that won't work, and a mechanic who doesn't care.

Is the problem obvious? Have you checked for bent blades? Is the spindle mount bent or is the deck actually bent? You ought to be able to fix it with wrenches and a hammer. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be under warranty. Tell us more about it.

As for the baulky mechanic, here's something I've tried that works. I went to the service dept manager and explained to him that I was a commercial cutter. Sometimes I need equipment right away. So I'm willing to pay overtime to any mechanic who'd give up his lunch break or work over to get my equipment fixed. Then I sweeten the deal with a $20 tip. mechanics are jumping over one another to work on my equipment. Extra added cost is about $40 to save me a couple of weeks.
    Just be sure to clear this kind of a deal thru the equipment dealer or you'll look like you're undermining their business. Then doors start slamming in your face instead of opening up.