1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Help With Insurance Please

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by A.C.E, Jun 1, 2013.

  1. A.C.E

    A.C.E LawnSite Member
    Posts: 5

    I Hope this is in the right forum, But i have been trying to get liability insurance and I cant find a company that offers it for lawn mowing company's other then bolt insurance.
    I have called every company around me just about and they say they don't offer it due to it being a high risk business.
    So if someone could point me to some company's it would be very appreciated.
    Thanks Caleb.
  2. easy-lift guy

    easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member
    Posts: 3,376

    Try contacting your state insurance commissioner. A complete listing of all insurance companies in your state should be available. Some company should be able to write you the coverage you need.
    easy-lift guy
  3. Joey waid

    Joey waid LawnSite Member
    Posts: 109

    I went through my bank and they shopped around for me. I got 1 million policy for customer damage and ten thousand to cover me, all for 68.00 a month for 9 months, it's almost 700.00 a year.
  4. 32vld

    32vld LawnSite Gold Member
    Posts: 3,984

    Find a good independent insurance agent.
  5. macgyver_GA

    macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 826

    Find a broker who can shop multiple companies. My neighbor is a state farm agent and recommended me to a guy he used to work with that became an independent broker. The fact that he can shop multiple companies was nice because a few of them wouldn't insure me because I do applications as well as mowing. He found a company that would insure me for both and for a good annual rate.
  6. Caddyshack Lawn Care

    Caddyshack Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 732

    Try Shelter. I'm not sure about Marion, but I know there ae agents in Forrest City, Marked Tree and Wynne. Ask for a commercial general liability policy. They are very inexpensive. Of course they'd give you a great big ol' smile if you also brought your personal insurance.

    PM me if you have any questions.

Share This Page