Help With Insurance Please

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by A.C.E, Jun 1, 2013.

1. A.C.E

A.C.E LawnSite Member

I Hope this is in the right forum, But i have been trying to get liability insurance and I cant find a company that offers it for lawn mowing company's other then bolt insurance.
    I have called every company around me just about and they say they don't offer it due to it being a high risk business.
    So if someone could point me to some company's it would be very appreciated.
    Thanks Caleb.

2. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Try contacting your state insurance commissioner. A complete listing of all insurance companies in your state should be available. Some company should be able to write you the coverage you need.
    easy-lift guy

3. Joey waid

Joey waid LawnSite Member

I went through my bank and they shopped around for me. I got 1 million policy for customer damage and ten thousand to cover me, all for 68.00 a month for 9 months, it's almost 700.00 a year.

4. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Find a good independent insurance agent.

5. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Find a broker who can shop multiple companies. My neighbor is a state farm agent and recommended me to a guy he used to work with that became an independent broker. The fact that he can shop multiple companies was nice because a few of them wouldn't insure me because I do applications as well as mowing. He found a company that would insure me for both and for a good annual rate.

6. Caddyshack Lawn Care

Caddyshack Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Try Shelter. I'm not sure about Marion, but I know there ae agents in Forrest City, Marked Tree and Wynne. Ask for a commercial general liability policy. They are very inexpensive. Of course they'd give you a great big ol' smile if you also brought your personal insurance.

PM me if you have any questions.