1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

help with insurance quote

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by turfeater, Feb 1, 2008.

1. turfeater

turfeater LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Hello I'm priceing liability insurance and there was a good rate for 500,000 1st occurrence then 1 mil for second ..I'm a small comp,,just me and occasional help .. 20 accounts

Q do you guys think this is enough ?
  2. turfeater

from ohio

well the insurance guy talked me into the 1 mil to 2 mill liability ,,,he said some
    business require it ... ?? oh well its done now,,,, thru erie ins

well I got the 2 mil lia plus 16,500 on power equip {all propelled stuff} plus 1,500 hand tools for 479 a year and can do payments 9 months then off three ..

sound reasonable ? rt
  3. zMaster225

zMaster225 LawnSite Member

turfeater: What insurance company do you use?
  4. silentbob

silentbob LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I use Selective and when I requested a quote, there was not much difference between 500,000 and 1 million coverage, so I took the 1 million/3 million coverage. For the extra few bucks, it's better to be safe than sorry IMO.
  5. VBsnow

VBsnow LawnSite Member

500,000/1,000,000 is a good start. Most companies really do not charge much for the increase to a 2 million AGG. Go with the higher limit. The price should not be much more. It makes you appear more polished as well as protecting you.
  6. lsu03

lsu03 LawnSite Senior Member

on average, how much is 500000/1000000? does it vary from person to person w/ the same company?
  7. turfeater

from ohio

Sorry I havn't checked this post in awile . The Agent was independant and he told me erie insurance was good so that who I went with ,,

thanks ron
  8. VBsnow

VBsnow LawnSite Member

Yes, the price varies from INS co to INS co. On your end the amount of payroll you use is the primary factor.

Erie Insurance is sold by Erie Insurance agents, not indys.