Help with Jacobson equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimbo, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know where Jacobson equipment is made, and how to find out more info? I have performed numerous searches but I cannot find any websites.

Thanks
    Jim

2. Jimbo

Actually I think it is Jacobsen? Not sure though.

Jim

3. Textron is the parent company.

4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

what are you looking for jimbo. parts for a mower

5. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

6. Jimbo

Sorry for the limited info. I was looking for parts availability, and specs on a T422D. Trying to find out if I can cut heavy brush (overgrown props) with one?

Thanks
    Jim

7. longviewlawncare

Jimbo, you are in luck. I have one of these same machines. The engine is a 22.5 HP Kubota deisel. As far as parts you get them from a company called R&R Products. http://www.rrproducts.com/
    or your local dealer. Use the dealer search on Jacoben's website. For mowing overgrown props you should be able to. it will take time. Use the hydro deck lift and just start out high and work your way down. I can cut grass up too about 7" with out any problems. just take your time. If there is anything else i can help you with just ask me.

8. Jimbo

Longview, I have some more questions, and I need answers as soon as possible.

1. Is yours the T422D?
    2. Is yours a 3 cylinder liquid-cooled Kubota diesel?

The guy trying to sell this unit says it can cut waist high weeds/ brush. Basically anything you could bend over with your foot he says it will cut. To me that means small diameter saplings (very small).
    What do you think?

How old is your machine and how many hours? Do you like it? How many hours will these things last (on average).

How high does the head lift, and how hard is it to remove the head? Are all parts available?

This guy is not the original owner, and he wants $1700.00 (2300 hours). Do you think thats fair?

I really appreciate your help...your an :angel: As I cant find hardly any info on the net.

Thanks
    Jim

9. longviewlawncare

Jimbo, mine is the same model as yours and same engine. cutting saplings i don't konw about. It can cut waist high weeds. They way to do it is start out with the deck all the way lifted and then just keep stepping it down. my machine is a 96 w/ 1450 hours. the front of the deck has about 6" or so clearnce when it is lifted. It is not hard to remove the deck, just heavy. HOC is controlled by 6 pins. just pull them all out and the deck will come off. As long as the deck is good shape, the hydro tranny is not weak, and everything seemd to work that is a good deal. Most of them are selling for around 3-4 with that mnay hours. All parts for it are still available
    GAITHERSBURG, MARYLAND
    800-492-1373
    301-948-2000
    301-948-5367 fax
    16031 INDUSTRIALDRIVE GAITHERSBURG,MARYLAND 20898

That is your nearest dealer. hope this helps.

10. Jimbo

Longview, Your info helps alot! If you think of anything else let m know.

Did you ever hear how long those motors will last (in hours)? If I can get 500-1000 hours more it wouldnt be bad at that price.

Thanks
    Jim