Help with kohler engine??????

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by KENNY DEAN, Sep 19, 2010.

1. KENNY DEAN

KENNY DEAN LawnSite Member

Most of the time my kohler 25 hp engine will start fine and mow first location. The next time i go to start it might or might not and so on throughout the day. I have changed fuel lines, drained tanks, checked plug for fire. I went out today and cut it off and restarted it 4 times. this evening i started it once and then it would not restart anymore. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:dizzy:

2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

You may want to check to see if the choke butterfly is closing as it should when you engage the choke.

3. The Lawn Ranger CT.

The Lawn Ranger CT. LawnSite Member

Are you checking for spark when it is acting up~?
    Also when it won't start...hit it with some starter fluid in the carb, if she fires then you can lean toward a fuel issue rather than spark.

4. KENNY DEAN

KENNY DEAN LawnSite Member

I just went out there and tried it again. no luck. Right now it will run alright on choke for a minute or so and when u release the choke it cuts off. I will check the butterfly in the morning. makes sense maybe that will be it.

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a possible fuel cut-off solenoid issue, Either sticking (trash) or dropping power. May just need a good carb cleaning....