Help with Lesco sprayer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by newlymowedlawns, Aug 31, 2014.

1. newlymowedlawns

newlymowedlawns LawnSite Member
    from NC

I am expanding Weed fert apps in my business. I currently do everything with a permagreen. I bought this sprayer for 750.00 knowing pump needs work. I pulled the top off and piston sleve and diampram came right out. Do yall think its rebuildable.Also does anyone that has this unit have this solonoid on it or is this rigged in last pict

lesco.jpg

lesco2.jpg

lesco3.jpg

lesco4.jpg

lesco5.jpg

lesco.jpg

lesco2.jpg

lesco3.jpg

lesco4.jpg

lesco5.jpg

2. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Bronze Member

That solenoid is either for
    A) electric starter solenoid
    B) electronic hose reel
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. newlymowedlawns

from NC

It's has an electric hose reel. Kinda looked like it was rigged on there. Didn't know if other lesco units had them
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Bronze Member

No. That's for the hose reel added later
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

This rig is a Lesco space saver, designed to slide into the bed of a full size truck. That pump is a Hypro D403....3 piston pump and it's done! The Diaphragm(s) failed there are 3...one for each piston and your rods are also toast...there is metal transfer on the crankshaft from your pics. Also the dip stick is for the gear reduction mounted between the motor and pump...should be clean 80w90 gear oil, but the pump pushed the excess pressure past the pump seal....This is an Italian pump and can be rebuilt but not a small job. Would need to be separated from the motor completely torn down and cleaned out. Crank shaft can be cleaned up rods will need to be replaced pistons would have to pressed off the old rods and onto the new ones. A new diaphragm kit and o-ring set, crank seal and a non detergent pump oil and gear oil. This is not the easiest pump to rebuild but you might be able to find video on YouTube. Other options are buy replacement pump or do a Hypro D30 2 piston pump conversion...can save you some money.
    Also the hose reel is stock that's how it came and the solenoid is for the hose reel and is normally wired to the truck battery.
    Good luck with it....
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. newlymowedlawns

from NC

Thanks so much. Very helpful. Will look into a d30. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. MowerMedic77

Just found this on a quick search....price has come down greatly....
    Sprayerdepot.com has the D403 on sale so would be a direct drop in no modification.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. newlymowedlawns

from NC

Wonder why the d30 is cheaper and better pump.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Its for the hose reel. That thing looks like it is in rough shape, or do the pictures not to any justice?

10. MowerMedic77

You will need to also buy a pressure regulator for that D30 and that is another $140 or so on top of the base pump price unless you find one complete. They are both good pumps just less moving parts in the D30 and far more common.
    Posted via Mobile Device