Help with letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawn, May 3, 2004.

1. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hi all, I need help writing a letter. One of my customers sold her house, and I would like to send a letter to the new owners introducing myself and letting them know that I have been the landscaper of that property for many years. How should I word it? any suggestions? ideas? etc???????

2. TheWoodser

TheWoodser LawnSite Member

How well of a relationship did you have with your old customer? If it was a good relationship, why not have your old customer write a letter to the new owner?

I personally would "pop-by" I would call ahead and arrange a face to face meeting. Bring them a small gift. (Read Plant or potted flowers) Then get to know them, let them know you have cared for this lawn for X number of years/months ect and ask if they plan to care for their lawn themselfs. If they say "No, we are looking for a lawn care company" Then you can quote them your going rate or give them the "Old Customer, Friend Price"

Woods

3. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

many of us have had this happen before on occasions. i have read about it on here several times, and have experienced it ourselves frequently.

i have an idea. just popped into my mind, still in infancy idea-stage. somehow arrange with the old customer to have their final payment make the service good through say 2 or 3 weeks after they move. of course the old owner doesn't have to pay for it, it's on the house, maybe the old owner got their last mow for free as an incentive. i guess it would only work if the new owners moved in right away. but of course they won't refuse a few lawn services left over from the old owner, and you already have your foot in the door a good ways with the new owners. of course, your putting a good deal on the line, maybe as much as 4 weeks of mowing. and you don't even know if the future owners come with mower and teen-aged son or not.

4. lawn

I have a great relationship with my clients, they told me that they will recommend me to the new owners, but the same happened before with another client I know he passed my number to the new owners but they didn't call me( they still don't have a landscaper) but I want that house back, so I was thinking to follow up with a letter

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i think your best bet is to swing by the house one afternoon and introduce yourself, be sure to point out all the good work you do

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Lawn,

Here is a letter example that you could edit for your own use.

"Dear Mrs. Hanan,

We want to congratulate you on your new home."

Click here to read the rest of it.

7. lawn

Team, thank you very much.
    Lawn:)