Help with licence

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by wakesetter2001, Feb 5, 2007.

1. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 LawnSite Member

HI all,

I am looking to get my landscape license and need a little help. I have worked in the industry for about 10 years doing most everything. I have owned my own maintenance business for the past 4 years and want to expand and start doing some install. I live in Oregon and have looked into the laws. My biggest obstacle is finding what I need to study before I go try to take the Landscape Construction Board test. Any and all help will be appreciated, also any pointers or tips from those with all the experience from the drivers seat would be great.

Thank you
    Dustin

2. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

basicly it varies from state to state. You will have to go thru your agencies of oregon and comply with there law. Maybe contact someone in the business to give some pointers on teasting. Here in Md. it is an open book test but a pita to find the answers in the time given for the test.
    Mike

3. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 LawnSite Member

Thanks Mike

Anyone else have anything, maybe someone from oregon

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

When you call to schedule a test they should be able to recommend some books. Just call someone associated with the state or the test and they can transfer you to who you want to talk to.