Help with lights!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by chris buck, Oct 3, 2013.

1. chris buck

chris buck LawnSite Member

Just got this trailer from a buddy, and am 99% positive everything worked when I got it. Noticed yesterday that my right turn and brake do not work, but the running light does. I came back to my connection and the wire from the trailer has a scuff on it and I can see wires. I taped it up to keep water off. What is my next route?!??? Do I have to trace the wire back somewhere and replace it, or replace the light. And if it's the light, how do I get to the "parts" of this type??? Sorry, I have no clue with these enclosed trailers with all this wiring!! Thank you!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Check to make sure you didn't blow a fuse on the truck

3. chris buck

My left turn and brake still work though, that wouldn't be a fuse, would it???
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Newer trucks have separate fuses for truck and trailer. You just blew the trailer fuse when wire got scuffed. Look under hood for trailer fuses.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. chris buck

Nope.......fuses are good
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Get a test light and check to see if plug on the back of your truck is getting power.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

Make sure you have power. LED light rarely just completely go bad all together. If no power at the light then check at the back of the truck. If you do need a light any truck parts place would have them. Be sure you lube up the grommet real good before you try to put light in or you may crack it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of tk are you towing with?
    Did you test light the connector at your tk pin?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Absolute Lawn&Landscapes

Absolute Lawn&Landscapes LawnSite Member

I would also check the back of the light on that light it should be a three prong wire that plugs into the light. I have seen where it either gets corroded, or just a loose fit. If its a loose fit you can take a small phillips head screw driver on the point to make the prong a little wider and it may make a good connection then.