help with logo design...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Raven386, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

whats everyone opinion on my logo? should i add some color to it? anyone have any ideas. the more i look at it i feel it looks a little blah, but i don't want it too busy. I'm getting magnets made for the side of my truck and want it to stand out a bit. also having another batch of cards and flyer's made. getting shirts too. so i was just wondering if anybody had any ideas for me? thanks everyone! my truck is silver if that helps for any color ideas. Thanks again for everyone's opinions!!!

- i posted this in another part of the forum but it was suggested i move it to hopefully get some more responses! (thanks Mower_Babe)

Logo4.JPG

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I like it. I think it will look good on shirts printed just in black. You might want to add a little color for the signs and cards. Maybe just highlight the text edges with a color. But it isn't necessary. Also, being just black it will be less expensive to print.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I like it. I think it will look good on shirts printed just in black. You might want to add a little color for the signs and cards. Maybe just highlight the text edges with a color. But it isn't necessary. Also, being just black it will be less expensive to print.

4. Raven386

from CT

i might need a new slogan too... " 10- E Lawn Care, we cut and BLOW! :usflag: "

i think ChadsLawn was right it started attracting the wrong customers!!

5. teewolf

teewolf LawnSite Member
    from UK

I will post a revamped version of your logo later with a little more colour if you want ok:)

6. Raven386

from CT

thank you!!! id really appreciate it!

7. Raven386

from CT

i think i have seen you mention before (teewolf) that you use illustrator? is that Adobe's Illustrator or something else?

8. teewolf

teewolf LawnSite Member
    from UK

Yes Adobe Illustrator...let me know what you think of the attached

logo.jpg

9. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

teewolf you seem to have knack for this stuff

10. Raven386

from CT

i like it, the only thing i dont like is the mower looks a little too squished, and that the grass is uncut. with the origional we were going for the lawn looking like the mower was going over it. like cut behind it and still tall in front. i do like the lay out of this.. but dont know how it would look on a shirt? i was kind of hoping for the same layout as the origional but maybe with some colors? i mean no offense here i feel bad saying something about your work! SORRY! that would be perfect for small applications like for a magnets which i was looking into also