help with logo PLEASE

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Houston's, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Houston's

Houston's LawnSite Member

Please help me with my logo, whitch one looks better and what would u change to the best looking one? i like the one with with the blue green and the state in the logo. the site that made the logo would not help me much. :realmad:

s2[1].jpg

s3[1].jpg

s1[1].jpg

0503houstons01bc[1].gif

0503houstons02[1].gif

2. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

I like the one with the silhouette of the bird against the sun. If I was to change anything to this one, it would be the font on the "Houstons" Though I must say, I even like that enough to go with it!

I really like all of them, which is unusual for me..lol...great work!

-Reuben

3. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

That grasshopper one is great too!!!

I think of all of them, I am the least fond of your favourite, the one with the blue in it.

4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

i always look at the files before reading anyone's thoughts, and the one that i really don't like at all is the aforementioned blue one. way too much going on within the state to be readily discernible for my taste.

i do like all of the others. the bird one is great, and unique, but i don't like the houston font. too "microsoft word-generated" looking to me, if that makes sense. i think any of the other houston fonts would look great in it's place. for the same uniqueness, i'd have to say the grasshopper is my choice, especially with the biz card rendering. i do also like the one with the name overlayed on the state.

agreeing with helios, that's probably the best collection of work-ups that i've seen a logo decision. definitely makes it tough. usually when someone posts a few here, there seems to always be 1 or 2 clear choices at most.

after looking again, i would probably prefer a lighter green instead of the blue on the grasshopper card. i realize it's sky, which compliments the yellow, but it clashed too much with the dark green.

tony

5. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I like #3 the best. I know your name is Houston, but I think it looks odd seeing it on top of Louisiana in #1. The font in #2 is too hillbillyish, and I think the blue in #'s 4&5 looks out of place.

6. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Have to agree to a tee. Like the logo, the fonts are not really good at all.