Help with magazine article

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by High Performance Lighting, Oct 31, 2006.

1. High Performance Lighting

High Performance Lighting LawnSite Senior Member
    from So Cal

I've been asked to write an article for a landscape trade magazine
    about the national trend in which certain cities are requiring special licensing to install landscape lighting. My state and cities I work in do not have such regulations but I've heard some other parts of the country do. If you give me some factual information that I can use I will give you credit by mentioning your name, company name and city state you work out of in the article. The deadline is thursday evening so I need some good info fast. Thanks in advance.

Mike Gambino
    Gambino landscape lighting inc.
  2. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

Mike, I would look at
    they have a list of states and updated info on what some if not most states do or do not require at this time. If you need to talk to and ask for michelle.
    My state does not have any particular requirments yet. The ones I know who do I have put in a call to for permission to give you their email address. If o.k. comes in time I will forward to you.
  3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Mike. There is currently no special license needed in mississippi for this type of work.

We do hold a valid landscape license and we are insured for that which does include low voltage lighting. We sub out any work involving line voltage even if its just changing an outlet or taking an outlet off a switch. We work with the client and electrician and cordinate all this. The line voltage is a seperate bill from the electrician.

I enjoyed your article in Landscapes a few months ago.