Help With Mixing Ratio

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dealjb, Jun 22, 2009.

1. dealjb

dealjb LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any experience using Cimarron (by Dow) for killling Bahia grass. The label is not indicated for residential use, the place I bought it from was no help when I told them I was going to use it on my centipede. I have heard it works and want to try it in a small area first. My question is, If 1/2 oz per acre is the mixing ratio, how do you translate that into per gallon for a sprayer. Can you help a dumb old country boy out?

Much appreciated!

:usflag:

2. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a
    manner inconsistent with its labeling.

3. recliner5

recliner5 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

go ahead and try on small area 1/2 oz per gal. thats what I would do.

4. recliner5

recliner5 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/sericea/pdf/ld7GT000.pdf
    try this, hope it helps

5. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

WAIT!!!!Not 1/2 oz per gallon as someone just posted--Don't have a label but if it states 1/2/acre you'll kill that centipede in record time with 1/2oz.per gallon in a hand sprayer. If you've got a 100 gallon tank; think of it covering an acre or about 2 gallons/1000 sq. feet. What is your equipment? How many gallons? How big is your lawn? Better think twice. Roy

6. dealjb

dealjb LawnSite Member

I don't know about you but I regularly see centipede in pasture and rangeland. The labeling is pretty vague as too CYA for the manufacturer. Dude, get over yourself, people in this part of the country build houses in the middle of pastures and do not want to fight bahia in the manicured part of their yards.

Thanks for helpful replies.

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

So .5 ounce divided by 43.56. You need about 11 thousandths of an ounce. Assuming that your one gallon covers 1000 sqft. Good luck.

8. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

I suppose your mattress tags are all in tact as well........

9. VARMIT COMMISSION

cimarron it is not labled for residential use. So you cant use it. If your spraying pastures or CPR ground then the label tells you the amount to use. I wont use a product that is designed for agriculture use and not residential use. You can easily have your license revoked
    Label states "do not use on lawn's" so--what does that mean?

10. VARMIT COMMISSION