1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

HELP! with mower blades!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TierOneLawnCare, Aug 6, 2006.

1. TierOneLawnCare

TierOneLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have a 06' Craftsman LT 3000, 20hp, 42" Deck (I know I know)

My problem is..the mulch kit I bought from sears/craftman, Came with 2 blades, and a discharge cover, when I use the regular side dischage that came with it, all is fine, works perfect at almost any speed, however when I install the mulch kit, it keeps leaving a bunch of scragglie grass on the lawn, and the high I cut the worse it is, The eng is not bogging down, as if it was lack of power, I have even tried crawling, but at a high cut setting it keeps leaving scragglie sp* all over the lawn....Any advice is apperciated, new blades? any ideas? and please dont say buy a WB or a Z :)
  2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

scraggalie? Is it cut grass or grass that isnt cut. Doesnt seem to be lifting very well? Stupid question,but are the blades on the right way? Maybe upside down?
  3. TierOneLawnCare

TierOneLawnCare LawnSite Member

Its a piece of single grass that isint cut, when im done there is quite a few of em all over the yard, but the lower i cut the grass the less pieces of grass sticking up
  4. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC LawnSite Member

My guess would be the blade is on backwards or the blade just isnt sharp.
    It could also be your not getting a good lift from the blade.
    Also check and see if the bottom of your deck is plugged up with grass.