Help with my Reel Mower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by greeninga, Jun 17, 2008.

1. greeninga

greeninga LawnSite Member
    from GA

I have a toro 2600-d reel mower, the reels are barely moving and will not cut the grass. They sometimes will not even move at all. I tried bleeding it, (or so I think I did) and that did not work, so what do I need to do now? Any advice?? Thanks

2. harrywat

harrywat LawnSite Member

A little more information from you please. Is this a new unit to you? If it has been working okay for you and this happened all at once, was any work done recently? Did you check the hydraulic fluid level? Does the engine seem to have less power? Make sure the reel and bed knife contact is not excessive, any contact should be very slight. Can you provide the model and S/N?

Jim

3. greeninga

from GA

It is a Toro 2600-D 3wd . Not too many problems out of it, my fluid level is fine. The problem happened when my back reel came off (the pin came out that held it) and I tied the reel back with rope so I could finish the job. It hit my hydraulic filter and thats how it happened (the reels started going too slow to cut). I have already replaced the filter and put more fluid back in the machine. My dealer can not help me and I need this machine going. Thanks

4. greeninga

from GA

Would have to get the model and serial number tomorrow. Thanks