Help with name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Smitty58, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I started a lawn care business this year (part time) as a solo operator. I have a young man who wants to go in with me for the following year ,in fact we are planning on doing residential snow plowing this winter. We need some help with a name. My last name is Smith ,and his last name is Wells ,so we were thinking of Smith and Wells Complete Lawn Care or something like that. We are thinking the names "Smith and Wells" might be an easy name recognition thing ,but I would like some ideas from those who have been doing this a while.
    Thanks,

2. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

Combine the names...

Smells?

Dennis

3. Nw. Shadesofgreen

Nw. Shadesofgreen LawnSite Member

Hahahahah Dennis
    I think that this guy really just wanted a little help, instead of being treated with a joke like Smells for a name.
    I think you might be able to come up with a few more professional names.
    Just my two cents.
    Mike

4. Nw. Shadesofgreen

Nw. Shadesofgreen LawnSite Member

Smitty58
    is there anything that is distictive about your service area. Maybe something with the name of your town in it.
    How about something like mowpros or anything else you can come up with.
    Your company name needs to set you apart from the competition.
    The average person will not know if your company is owned by more then one person.
    They will be more concerned with the quality of service that you are able to provide. Do a good job and they will refer you to others. This is the best form of advertising and I think if you do this it won't matter what you chose for a name.
    Good Luck.

5. Smitty58

Thanks Mike, the other name I thought of yesterday was
    "Trenton Lawn Care"
    Trenton is the name of the town we live in.
    The TLC thing has and is being used by some other companies (not lawn care co.s) but I think it would be a name people could remember. Then I thought we could use a slogan like "Every lawn could use a little TLC"
    What do you think?

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Smitty,

I like Smith and Wells Complete Lawn Care. It sounds strong and solid.

7. Smitty58

Thanks Team Gopher, we like that name as well. I kind of thought the name would be easy to remember especially for gun owners.
    I also like the complete lawn care part of it. Thanks for the help ,keep it coming.

8. TLC4Carolina

TLC4Carolina LawnSite Member

When coming up with our name, we went the TLC route. Transitional Lawn Care (TLC), but our motto is "Make the Transition"

The "Every Lawn Could Use Some TLC" just didn't look good on the side of the truck and on the shirts. IMOH:cool2:

9. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

one thing to consider is that partnerships often do not work out. you might want to consider this when choosing a name.

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I was just thinking the same thing scottish.