Help with New business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GriffinLawnService, Jul 12, 2006.

1. GriffinLawnService

GriffinLawnService LawnSite Member

I have recently started a lawn care business. I need help with what I should do to advertise. I have read different posts but dont know what is the best method. Also if there are any help ful does or donts that can be shared that would be great...
    Thanks

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Send out as many flyers as you can afford in the area you wish to work in.I advertise in a small newspaper that gets delivered to the homeowners house,of course you'll have to pay for an advertisement. We receive a tremendous amount of calls from that alone. I would start out by doing residentials 1st. Do not be the lowballer in town.

3. GriffinLawnService

GriffinLawnService LawnSite Member

what is a good site to get the flyers designed

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

You can do it through here. I've seen some members help others before or go to the Gopher link up at the top and they have some free ones. Even better do a search on here and find all the places people use. Good luck!

5. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

The local's do ours so I'am not sure.

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Spend a few grand and advertize in a few yellow pages. Works great in the spring for new customers. You can sort through them as you grow because most will be Aholes

7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Flyers have been working well for me. Very simple, black and white flyer detailing my available services, folded up with a business card and placed in an envelope. Been putting them on customer's doorsteps, or in the box below the mailbox(NOT the mailbox itself). I've recieved a number of calls and landed one year-long agreement so far. I'd say I passed out about 100 flyers last weekend.

We also put an ad in the yellow pages for a small phone book that is ONLY distributed in my hometown of about 8 or 9 thousand people. Word was that this small phone book was really popular last year, so we will try it. Only costed us 300 bucks for the year, and we reach every potential person if they look in the book for lawn service.

Target new homes especially, even before the grass starts to grow. I've landed two accounts with brand-new homes, and the homeowners had only been in the houses for a week or two.