Help with New Engine INstall

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by just_some_dude, Jul 17, 2010.

1. just_some_dude

just_some_dude LawnSite Member

Yeah, I was looking through some stuff last night and couldn't find any info. directly on this Tecumseh engine. It seems odd that the engine would only be 3 amps.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

They also used;

350 Miliamp charging system.

18 Watt A.C. Lighting Alternator with no charging.

2.5 Amp D.C., 35 Watt Lighting System.

The system used on a engine depended on what application the OEM wanted to use the engine in.

3. just_some_dude

I was originally told that my Kawasaki engine had a broken crankshaft, but the guy I took this new motor to (also brought the old) said the crank isn't broken on the Kawasaki and it's not a rod either.

He said it's either a valve, valve spring, or head gasket. Where can I find the parts for this engine? I did some searching and can't find anything.

Thanks!

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I would determine if its worth it by how many hours are on it. If it is low hours rebuild the head and get to work if high hours rebuild the whole thing and no shortcuts (they will cost more in the end) Also check online to see if you can replace it for a similar price compared to overhauling considering your time. I just replaced a Kohler on my WB with and exact match. I lined up all my tools and removed while waiting for the new one to show up. After uncrateing the new one, mower was back on the trailer in 2 hours.

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Any Kawasaki engine dealer can get you the parts you need. You will not find parts at your local auto supply store though.

6. just_some_dude

Does anyone have a service manual? I'm just going to fix the old engine. I need a service manual for a Kawasaki Model FC540V-FS15.

Thanks!