Help with Pakisandra

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by f350dieselemt, Apr 28, 2007.

1. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt LawnSite Member

Hello All. Today i was at a house and one of the workers was weed wacking in the front bed and i told him to wack all the weeds down. He wacked down all the new 1 year old pakisandra plants that were there... does anyone know the best way to transplant existing pakisandra from another location? Help Please!!.

2. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

I would think that it would be alot easier to just plant new pakasandra How big is there area he wacked down it might grow back on its own.

3. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt LawnSite Member

There was like single plant pieces... maybe 10 of them... single plant single stem

4. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Go to a garden center and buy some. Or, get a pail with some water in it, take some cuttings from a good healthy patch of it, say 6-10" long, put the cutting in th water for trnsport, and immediately transplant them. I like to use rooting powder to dip the tips in. I would use a big screwdriver to poke holes in the ground, stick the cutting in.Keep watered

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I would do what upidstay says, and give my guy a lesson on what is a weed and what is not.

6. GLLawns

GLLawns LawnSite Member

I would suggest buying some new Pachysandra, and do it the right way. Your guy butchered some good plants so some new ones should be put back in place. Going with the new, bigger plants will show your customer that you are willing to correct a mistake and I guarantee you will look alot better in their eyes for being professional about it.

7. Plant Buyer 83

Plant Buyer 83 LawnSite Member

I agree completely, Pachysandra is cheap and your customer will appreciate it.