1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

help with patio estimate

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by NiceSpot, May 20, 2008.

1. NiceSpot

NiceSpot LawnSite Member

I need help with a 300 sq. ft. bluestone patio estimate. I don't want to overcharge my customer who is an acquaintance. I also would like to make a decent profit. With excavation, materials and prep and labor I estimated @ $8,470. Bluestone is select grade and laid over stone dust. I figured a 3-3,500
    dollar profit based upon bluestone cost of@3,850. x $22.00 per square foot. What do you think?
  2. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Sounds fair for the area. we are a little higher here for Blue more in the 28 range but we don't square foot price anything. I am assuming this is a random square and not an irregular bluestone. Otherwise for irregular blue we are around 55-65/ft. dry-laid.
  3. MRBsx2

MRBsx2 LawnSite Member

$8400 sounds about right, i usally charge around $30 a square for dry laid cut pattern bluestone work if its primium bluestone then a few dollars more but you are def pretty close on your price.
  4. NiceSpot

NiceSpot LawnSite Member

Thanks....I'm laying a mosaic pattern, with a brick border. I'll post before and aft pics if I get the job.