help with picking mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smoothbore2004, Apr 7, 2007.

1. smoothbore2004

smoothbore2004 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

hey guys here goes another one of those which mower should i get. I have had a good offer for a 36" WB husqvarna hydro but i am not sure how well of a mower they are, and dependability. ALso there is a used Gravely 36" WB belt drive but it sure seems kinda light on the mechanics. I am use to running scag so i guess i expect the same quality. What do you guys think, any help would be appreciated. List any pros and cons for each if any of you have used them
    P.S. anybody use the new dixie chopper 36" WB, that is new this year but dont know anything about them as well.

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have a husq. It's reliable. Good cut.

3. CustomKare

CustomKare LawnSite Member

I have a WRIGHT stander and always wondered why anyone would want a walk behind. Look at a WRIGHT before you buy a walker. Good luck!

4. bmost

bmost LawnSite Member

i have a 32 husq. for my gate mower. i was greatly surprised by the quality of cut.

5. smoothbore2004

from Indiana

i did check out the wright stander but they were more money than i wanted to spend. I was only lookin to spend around 3000.

6. smoothbore2004

from Indiana

was hoping to get more replys, cmon guys any suggestons

7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know if this will help, but my landscaping boss has a Gravely and it's ancient. It's been very dependable and he really abuses his stuff. I've never used a Husky, but, I think they look pretty good. Although I don't have a lot of experience with them. You can usually find Snappers at a good cost, less then 2,000. I have one and love it.

8. stephenslawncare

stephenslawncare LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

just go buy a used stander, i think you could get a pretty good used 36 stander for 3k. i test drove one at the dealer and loved it. just wish i had the money.:cry: