Help with planting bid?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by radracer, Nov 4, 2005.

1. radracer

radracer LawnSite Member

I have a customer that wants me to remove the grass by the sidewalk and plant jasmine as a ground cover. The area is 70'x 7' planting every 16" I figured that I will nneed 225 jasmine. I pay $1.75 each and was going to plant them at $4.66 installed for a total of $1,050 for everything. I have to rent a sod cutter to clear the area and I figure about an hour to do that. Should I charge more for this job or am I about right.I know that price is going to vary I just want to be in the ballpark.

They also stated that if the price was too high that they would want to resod the area instead. I was thinking of charging $1.50 per square foot installed. Including removal of old sod for a total of $675.00. I pay $135.00 for a pallet of 500' sq St Augustine. But I will have most of that left over from another job. Thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks
    Harold Burgess

2. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

I have historically when figuring my costs out with landscaping installs looked at what I thought I should make and then add around 25% depending on conditions for misc. cost unknown.

That's just IMO

3. Greg313

Greg313 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

How do you figure 225 jasmine?

4. radracer

radracer LawnSite Member

The nursery that I buy from told me that I need to plant them every 16" so they will be thick. The customer wants them as ground cover.