help with pricing large mow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CuttersEdgeks, Feb 13, 2008.

1. CuttersEdgeks

CuttersEdgeks LawnSite Member

I am needing to get a bid together for a small town. the lot has two baseball diamonds and the rest of the park. there is enough there to fit 5 ball diamonds. just a few pieces of playground equipment and minamul trees. then there is a small building a single tennis court and small swimmng pool. they want it edge and trimed. How should I go about figuring this.,

the bid will also include another small park and city building. I can figure those but not sure how to do the large one

any help would be great.

2. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

I would help you with your bid, but i am bidding the same one. Sorry bud, but good luck!!

Josh

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

This iz good............:usflag:

4. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Bidding properties like this especialy for the town or school boards is pretty tight. If you're high by 10 or 20 bucks per cut you're out. They usually go for the cheapest bid. Usually guys with bigger mowers or more then one ztr can bid these places pretty cheap. If you're a small outfit you will have to match the bid dogs prices as they do volume and have bigger machines. They can chew these places up pretty fast. Can't help you with the pricing as it's hard to price something without seeing it. If you have pics pm me i will try to help....

5. CuttersEdgeks

goodluck to you to josh. we are getting ready to move over there so I am sure we will get to meet at some point.

6. joshco84

Going to move to burrton? Not a bad place to live, just no grocery store. Pretty nice quiet little town, except the trains that go through all the time.

7. CuttersEdgeks

we like the school. My wife works in newton so it will be closer for her. I know a few people over there so far I was at the council meeting and asked them to contract it out. I am not sure how many bids they will get but will be fun trying.

I was wondering how many trains go through there. they are trying to get us to build fairly close to the tracks.

8. joshco84

I heard today they are getting six companies to bid. Three from burrton, two from hutch and i dont know about # 6.

9. CuttersEdgeks

I meet with terry tomorrow to go over what they want done. Then I have to meet with Deb at city hall to go over some stuff for the house we are building.

I not sure whow from hutch would want to come over there and do it unless there going to bid way high.