1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help with pricing massive shrub trimming!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by chrisvinky, Jun 19, 2013.

1. chrisvinky

chrisvinky LawnSite Senior Member

I have a bid to give a bank that has roughly 300 small to medium sized shrubs (1 -5 feet tall) and 38 larger shrubs ( 6 - 10 feet tall).

I usually price shrubs at $5 for small ones and $10 for large ones. Using that formula, this bid would be for about $1900!!!

Just wondering if I am even in the ballpark of most of you guys??
  2. Ray_Lawns

Ray_Lawns LawnSite Member
    from NE AL

I charge by the hour and have a set minimum, try that and see how it works.
  3. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

you are much cheaper then me, but you are also down south, so your market is not the same as my market. I charge, 10-15 for 1-2 ft. tall shrubs, 20-40 for 3-5 and something 6-10 is 50-100 depending on how bad it is. in your area that sounds like it could work out as a winning bid.
  4. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

I do the samething. Easiest solution by far.
  5. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I'm assuming these shrubs have been maintained and you are not cutting them way back? Don't forget you will need to haul the debris off. What about working around cars and people....that could slow cleanup unless it was a weekend job.

I'd say you are close but it would all depend on how bad you wanted it. You will save time by being at one site all day.
  6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Three missing pieces of information: (1) What is the terrain? Are they growing on flat, slopes, or steep slopes? (2) What is underneath? In other words, will the cleanup be on bark mulch, stone, grass, or ??? (3) How compact are they positioned? What is the working room around them? Are they so close you cannot get between, or are they spread out? Are some of them growing next to a building?

These considerations would be important for me. Some of the other concerns have already been asked.
  7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Could you do it without something happening???
  8. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Sure why not.
  9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Just trying to be funny after reading your posts this week, hope your doing well.
  10. chrisvinky

chrisvinky LawnSite Senior Member

The shrubs are all on flat ground but some are fairly close together. They have been maintained so there would not be much to cut off of each shrub but there is black rubber mulch as ground cover so cleanup would be a pain!