help with pricing please

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Brown's LC & L, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Brown's LC & L

Brown's LC & L LawnSite Member

I'm curious about how the rest of you guys charge for your apps? Do you do X amount per 1,000, or product and labor? I'm bidding some residential and commercial and could use your help with this one. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Brown's LC & L

Brown's LC & L LawnSite Member

In the past I would jsut do it for the cost of the bag and $5 or so, but now business is growing and I need a more uniform way to price it. Most of the people are going to have at least four treatments, two with a pre-emergent. I'm also considering spraying this year for broadleaf, problem is, I'm gonna be using a 5 gallon back pack sprayer. Thanks again for your help.

3. bj22

bj22 LawnSite Member
    from ny

Got to get at least double tha amount of a bag. Most my pricing now is triple a bag.

4. bj22

bj22 LawnSite Member
    from ny

Now that being said , you could have a minimum purchase price which will expand your bottom line if you use less than a bag on small properties.

5. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Let me get this right. If a bag cost 15.00 you would apply it for an additional 5.00 for a total of 20.00.??? If that is so you are insane. Your minimum should be 60.00 for 1 bag.

6. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Not around here. You would not have one property to fert if your pricing was this high.

7. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

What do you pay each year for your pesticide applicator's insurance. Surely making $5 per lawn can't cover it.

8. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

$5.........That's crazy. I get around $7-$10 per thousand. My min is $50 so if you only have 4,000 sq ft ............oh well, gonna cost you $50.

9. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, maybe I need to start a fert and squirt company in another region.

Around here we are lucky to get much more than $125/app for an acre lot these days. It's rediculous.

10. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

All my yards are less than 10,000. and I get between $50-$85 for most applications. More money in smaller yards.